I'm going to change the rules a bit (because I do that) and not tag anyone else in return. However, if you'd like to play along, please do. Just recycle the questions that Bluerose created for me to answer.
First, I'm supposed to share 11 Fun Facts About Me. I'll try to think of something to share that I haven't shared already.
1. I used to be a member of The Official Star Trek Fan Club. I had a uniform and tricorder and everything. I was a Trekker and not a Trekkie. I feel the need to say so. I also feel the need to let you know that I was 14 at the time. Or thereabouts.
2. I dislike stories set in hot or tropical locations because I hate being hot. I have a hard time working up the interest to read The Jungle Book for instance and I cannot watch Lawrence of Arabia or even Ben Hur because they are so hot and dusty looking. Too much sweat!
3. I like the idea of being out on the ocean but I can't hardly stand actually being on a boat. Every time I get one, I spend almost the entire ride thinking about the Titanic.
4. Up until this year I have hated avacados and cucumbers. I purposefully set out to like them and I have recently been able to enjoy them!
5. I am a black and white sort of person. There is no gray in my world. Occasionally someone reminds me that gray exists but I can't always see how it factors in. There is only black or white. Why are we even discussing this!?
6. When I was a teenager and my brother was a tween, we really liked to watch Whose Line is it Anyway? The only problem was that we were not allowed to do so. However, our parents conveniently left the house for regular meetings on the night of the week that the show aired. We would sneakily watch it (and laugh hysterically) with one of us standing guard at the window to make sure we saw when mom would come home. She'd drive into the driveway and we'd turn off the tv and SPLIT! They never discovered us.
7. When I was younger I said I wanted to have seven children because that is the number of completion. The older woman I told this to nodded at me in a very sage manner and told me that I was a very interesting person. (I have three children currently.)
8. When I was a teenager I used to wear vests all the time. No. Seriously. Like every single day. I had a closet full of vests. And I wore them. Every day. I was noted for this.
I do not wear vests anymore. (I cannot.) But I still don't really have a very good sense of fashion.
9. I saran wrapped someone's car once. I didn't know them. And the wrapping didn't stick so it was basically a waste of good saran wrap. But it was fun at the time.
10. When I was young I said I wanted to be a zoo keeper. I have a very low tolerance of animals these days so I think that's probably never going to happen.
11. I really like York Peppermint Patties. But the best (and only) way to eat them is to freeze them first, then eat the sides off and work your way to the middle. I'm just letting you know.
And now for the questions Bluerose asked me to answer:
1. What is something that never fails to make you laugh?
Hank the Cowdog. (He's on the brain these days, as we're reading the first book aloud.)
2. If you could meet any FICTIONAL character from a book/movie, who would it be?
Ha! Anne of Green Gables. Except wait! She'd talk a lot and so maybe I'd go with Lucy from the Narnia series. I think I would like her an awful lot.
3. What's your #1 "go-to" movie?
Anne of Green Gables.
4. What is your comfort food?
5. You get to grab 2 books(in addition to your Bible) off your shelf. These are the only books you will have for the next year. What do you grab?
Anne of Green Gables and The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. (I'm very predictable like that!)
6. Who is you favorite music artist/group/composer?
Steven Curtis Chapman!
7. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Prince Edward Island. (I tell you I'm extremely predictable!)
8. You get to step inside any book for a day. What book would you pick?
Umm....? ;) Well... Anne of Green Gables!
9. You get one super power. What do you pick?
I wouldn't. Because it would too easily be used for evil instead of good. I do not trust myself.
Oh, unless of course I could have A Green Thumb which can magically produce fruit on any tree and an abundance of vegetables. The ability not to kill plants would be very nice indeed!!!
10. What is one thing you never leave home without(besides wallet and keys...and kids, if you have those)?
A cell phone.
11. What is the closest thing to a phobia you have? (spiders, clowns, etc)
And now it's your turn, if you'd care to share! Thanks, Bluerose, for the fun!