I've been posting my Friday's Fave Five (hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story) over at Reading to Know but I'm going to start posting here instead. It seems more fitting.
Things I'm grateful for today (most of which relate to The Great Smoke Out which has changed up our living conditions in the past week!):
1. A wooden stirring spoon. Of course, I'm unable to use any utensils from my own kitchen at the moment and the temporary housing we're in does not have a decent stirring spoon. You might think I'm over exaggerating but I'm SO NOT! I was trying to mix up some pancake batter with a spoon that was so bendy it was like trying to stir something with a straw. I eventually mixed the batter by hand. No, my ACTUAL HAND. It worked better than the spoon. At any rate, I was grateful that our cleaning company gave us approval to replace our wooden spoons and I went out and bought a set post haste. (Anyone want a pancake? They were made with love!) ha!
2. I'm grateful that we got our computer back! They cleaned that right away. It's kinda hard not to have a computer around I discovered. I don't really know what day it is without a full sized screen announcing it to me. I'm not sure how pathetic that is just yet.
3. The fact that my mom has been out here visiting this week. It's been SO helpful to have someone around to tend the kids while we've been running about trying to take care of house matters. She's been just as much a trooper as anyone! This isn't exactly the visit she envisioned.
4. Our church family. They've just been incredible, loaning the kids clothes, loaning us kitchen supplies, offering up freezer space so we could transfer things over that we didn't want to lose. It's been SUCH a blessing!
5. You all. Your notes, e-mails and comments of encouragement have been a huge blessing and they each put a smile on my face.
Lastly, I have to share this song because it's kind of becoming the theme these days:
Oh Lord give me the courage and the strength to do
Whatever! Whatever You say!