I've been posting my Friday's Fave Five (hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story) over at Reading to Know but I'm going to start posting here instead. It seems more fitting.
Things I'm grateful for this week:
1. That we're all getting over this cold which has lingered for much longer than colds normally do. Last week we were on the run every single day, trying to re-organize life after The Great Smoke Out. (The event has to have a name and it has to be in all caps.) This week we've have some downtime where we've just been able to stay home and rest and so we're beginning to recover. Although it's just stuffy noses, they really become annoying after a bit!
2. The fact that there are no neighbors in the townhouse that we share a wall with. One day there was some construction going on in townhouse connected to us and I was all in a I'm-going-to-HURT-someone-if-they-don't-stop-POUNDING-ON-THE-WALLS-!!!-mood. (They were pounding during naptime. I was ready to walk the baby next door if they woke her up. I confess this so that you don't think my attitude about this new living situation is always good. I miss having four walls that are all my own and no one else's.) However, we've been thankful that no one is living next door for the time being. We can't hear nobody and they can't hear us. Hurray!
3. Bookclub! I love my local bookclub and the fellowship it offers. Bookclub was this past week and we read my favorite Mysterious Benedict Society. Happiness! (No one else in the club had ever read it and so I feel I've done my duty by at least six other people. They all liked it. Of course. You would too. I just know it.)
4. Friends who are willing to babysit when we need to be at the house working with adjusters.
5. Predictably calm and quiet evenings with my husband. And we can still watch Castle! :)
Looking forward to a three day weekend!