I've been posting my Friday's Fave Five (hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story) over at Reading to Know but I'm going to start posting here instead. It seems more fitting.
Things I'm grateful for this week:
1. It's Friday. Plain and simple.
2. A morning out with my girl. A friend is coming over to play with the boys so I can get out and run some errands and I'm looking forward to that. There aren't any *exciting* errands and I'm telling myself that's ok. Sometimes just the mundane of getting to get out and accomplish things on the To Do list needs to be enough.
3. Housework. Yesterday I was bored. Bored, bored, bored. There wasn't much to clean, wasn't much to do, and I realized that there is beauty and comfortable predictability in having housework to do. Usually there is a mountain of things to be done but here in our temporary home it can all be wrapped up in about half an hour. At first I found this freedom of cleaning perfectly glorious. But it's starting to get old; it feels like we're on this long vacation with no end in sight. Except we're not on vacation and there's no rhythm of laundry, bread making, etc. Here I wait until the laundry basket is full and I eagerly carry it to the washing machine. I'm afraid I might wear out our clothes by washing them, for the sheer joy of having something to do.
4. Like-minded friends. Last night we had dinner our Forks Over Knives friends. (I think that's what I'll start to call them. The Forks Over Knives friends. ha! How do you like that?) It was our first We Are Almost Officially Vegetarian People meal together and it's kind of interesting sitting at a table and eating your vision. (That sounds weird but hopefully you know what I mean.) We talked of gardening and they showed me their new compost pile. (And it didn't stink.) It's just kind of fun to be at the start of the gardening / fruits and veggie journey at the same time as close friends. Everyone is learning. Everyone has something to share. Everyone is excited. I enjoyed it.
5. Sunshine. Rain is predicted today (and for the next several days.) So to sit here in the sunshine and finish up my breakfast is nice. If this could last until lunchtime, I'd feel quite satisfied. ;)
Learning. Growing. Being bored. Doing some more learning.
That seems to summarize things around here!
Hope you all have a great weekend!